In a case involving important preemption principles, Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC represented the nationwide trade association of cargo air carriers as an amici curiae in the United States Supreme Court. The firm filed briefs on behalf of the association in support of a passenger airline, which argued that a customerâ€™s claims based on revocation of his frequent flyer status were preempted by the Airline Deregulation Act. The Supreme Court ruled for the airline, firmly reiterating a prior preemption decision relied on by air and motor carriers. Its decision hinged on an argument that was made for the first time in the brief filed by Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury. The firm has helped develop a favorable legal landscape for its business clients at the highest levels of the profession.
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Receives Tier 1 Rankings from 2021 U.S. News â€“ Best Lawyers â€śBest Law Firms,â€ť 7 Attorneys Named in The Best Lawyers in America
- Spotswood Attorneys Named 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Spotswood Attorneys Secure Appellate Victory and District Court Settlement for Inmates in Pro Bono Matters
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Announces Hiring of Matt Hart
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Names Josh Payne to Partnership