After the close of discovery in a complex commercial dispute, Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC was hired to develop summary judgment theories for a defendant. Spotswood attorneys developed a preemption theory, which had not been asserted in the defendant’s answer. Spotswood attorneys persuaded the court to allow the answer to be amended and, using an obscure procedure, convinced the court to dismiss five of the six counts asserted by the plaintiffs as well as the claim for punitive damages.
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Announces Hiring of Matt Hart
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Names Josh Payne to Partnership
- Eleventh Circuit Adopts Legal Position Advocated by Spotswood Attorneys
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury Wins Top 100 Jury Verdict
- Spotswood Attorneys Successfully Remove Claims to Federal Court in Complex Circumstances