After the close of discovery in a complex commercial dispute, Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC was hired to develop summary judgment theories for a defendant. Spotswood attorneys developed a preemption theory, which had not been asserted in the defendant’s answer. Spotswood attorneys persuaded the court to allow the answer to be amended and, using an obscure procedure, convinced the court to dismiss five of the six counts asserted by the plaintiffs as well as the claim for punitive damages.
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Receives Tier 1 Rankings from 2021 U.S. News â€“ Best Lawyers â€śBest Law Firms,â€ť 7 Attorneys Named in The Best Lawyers in America
- Spotswood Attorneys Named 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Spotswood Attorneys Secure Appellate Victory and District Court Settlement for Inmates in Pro Bono Matters
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Announces Hiring of Matt Hart
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC Names Josh Payne to Partnership