Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury represented local charities and a gaming company in a federal lawsuit involving various business torts allegedly committed by another gaming company, its majority shareholder, and a local official to prevent the plaintiffs from doing business in the locality. After a three-week trial, the jury returned a verdict in excess of $60 million, which ranked 38th out of the top 100 verdicts nationwide in 2012. Spotswood attorneys have the skills and expertise to see important cases through to trial when necessary.
- Eleventh Circuit Adopts Legal Position Advocated by Spotswood Attorneys
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury Wins Top 100 Jury Verdict
- Spotswood Attorneys Successfully Remove Claims to Federal Court in Complex Circumstances
- U.S. Supreme Court Adopts Preemption Principle Advocated by Spotswood Attorneys
- Spotswood Attorneys Obtain Exclusion of Damages Experts and Partial Summary Judgment for Manufacturer