Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury LLC served as local counsel for one of the sewer bond insurers in the bankruptcy case filed by Jefferson County, Alabama, which at the time of its filing was the largest-ever municipal bankruptcy, involving nearly $4 billion in debt. The firm worked closely with national counsel based in New York in the bankruptcy and numerous related proceedings, including several appeals to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury’s attention to detail and familiarity with federal trial and appellate litigation makes it a “go-to” firm for the most important matters in Alabama.
- Eleventh Circuit Adopts Legal Position Advocated by Spotswood Attorneys
- Spotswood Sansom & Sansbury Wins Top 100 Jury Verdict
- Spotswood Attorneys Successfully Remove Claims to Federal Court in Complex Circumstances
- U.S. Supreme Court Adopts Preemption Principle Advocated by Spotswood Attorneys
- Spotswood Attorneys Obtain Exclusion of Damages Experts and Partial Summary Judgment for Manufacturer