Michael T. Sansbury – Partner
Big-Picture Solutions to Large-Scale Problems
Direct Dial: 205.986.3623Download vCard
Recognized by Best Lawyers Magazine since 2014 as among the Best Lawyers in the field of Commercial Litigation, and with an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, Michael T. Sansbury has already distinguished himself as one of the best in the field of business litigation during the early part of his career. His other accolades include:
- Chambers USA has ranked Sansbury as an “Up & Coming” lawyer General Commercial Litigation since 2015.
- Since 2016, Sansbury has been ranked as one of the Top 50 lawyers in Alabama by Mid-South Super Lawyers magazine.
- Alabama Super Lawyers has designated Sansbury as a Super Lawyer in the field of Business Litigation since 2013. From 2010 through 2012, Alabama Super Lawyers designated Sansbury as a “Rising Star”.
- Benchmark Appellate designated Sansbury as an Eleventh Circuit Litigation Star in 2013.
- Benchmark Litigation has designated Sansbury as a Future Star from 2011-2013 and a Local Litigation Star 2014.
In addition to establishing a record of accomplishment built on providing his clients with the highest quality representation, Sansbury has shown himself to be adaptable, representing clients in trial and appellate courts nationwide, from the Oregon Circuit Court to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, including:
- Designing and executing national litigation strategies to minimize the risk of particular theories of liability in class action and wage-and-hour lawsuits for a Fortune 100 company.
- Examining countless witnesses, ranging from an Auburn, Alabama newspaper publisher to the president of a multi-national corporation in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Taking on cases in Alabama involving one of the largest corporate frauds in history, the Jefferson County sewer debt crisis, and electronic bingo.
- Being part of a legal team that secured a $64 million jury award in a lawsuit involving anti-competitive conduct, a verdict recognized in the National Law Journal as the 38th largest in the U.S. in 2012.